During 2018 the MyLE Program will be replaced by a BYOD Program.
2018 will see the commencement of a BYOD (Bring your own Device) Program, replacing the existing MyLE program. A selection of devices has been compiled by the IT management team that best suits the curriculum requirements of the college. We have partnered with Learning with Technologies to offer our parents an easy to use purchasing portal with payment options available.
To access the purchasing portal please visit https://whc.orderportal.com.au/
2018 BYO Device Specifications 2018 BYOD Flyer
In 2018 the MyLe program will continue for all year 8, 9, & 12 students already within the college. This means that when students come to our college they won’t power down. Students use their own individual device to extend their learning beyond the walls of the college and the school day.
Research shows students are more motivated and engaged in learning when they have their own computer. Computer use has also been linked to better organisational skills, improved literacy and numeracy, better collaboration and analytical thinking.
The MyLe Program is compulsory and promotes better learning in and out of school by encouraging:
- anywhere, anytime access to learning
- independent, self-initiated learning
- more family involvement in education
- collaboration with others in their class, other schools and the globe using Web 2.0 tools
- Costs to Parents for the 2014 Myle program are between $850-$1000 over 3 years.
- The total cost of the program is estimated at over $2000, WHC subsi
- dises the balance.
* New Students to the college will be required to commence with a BYOD purchased from either the college preferred supplier or a retailer of their choice.