What’s special about Western Heights College?
- Western Heights College is a Year 7-12 secondary college based on one site, in $42 million state of the art, new and purpose-built learning spaces supporting day to day engaging curriculum. Details are accessible at the curriculum tab on our College website.
- Our focus is on students and their learning, supporting them as they strive for success!
- Every student has a learning mentor; they belong to a House, to a Learning Community and to our College; developing students as contributing citizens.
- Learning is supported by the MyLe Program, our one to one ICT program driven by a collaborative curriculum model and personal ownership.
- Our specialty is customizing subject offerings and course selections; School for Student Leadership, Duke of Edinburgh, VET taster and VETiS, accelerated VCE options, SBA/SBT, Work Experience, Geelong Industry Futures Program, Deakin Equity and Access Program.
- Extra-curricular opportunities; Performance Art Academy, Camps, Chess and Student Leadership Programs, College Choir, Mufti Days, Debating and Public Speaking, White Ribbon Ambassadorships, Sports Competitions, Success Celebrations including Formals, Graduations and Awards Ceremonies.
- Our School Wide Positive Behaviour Approach, linked to the college values symbolised in SOAR; Safety, Organisation, Achievement and Respect, guides the development of strong learning relationships, with our aim for every student to be Happy, Respectful, Resilient and Successful.
- High expectations of behavior based on positive relationships are clearly stated and explicitly taught.